Meet your Barn Owner/Manager/Trainer
Jen started out as a trail rider at 17 yrs old using many different types and breeds of horses. 16 years ago she acquired Hendrik, her Friesian Stallion as a foal and started the long process of breaking out a Stallion via natural horsemanship. She enjoyed riding in horse fairs/fests in Medieval Reenactment performances and showing in the dressage discipline, with the help of many trainers along the way. She is a certified AI Tech with a degree in Stallion collection/Shipped semen and Mare insemination/Foal care. Her disciplines run from English, Western, Dressage, Mounted Shooting. Mounted Archery and from ground Driving to High School trick training.
Jen's mount and forever love will always be Hendrik, but does Mounted Shooting with her blind horse Snoopy, and is slowly bring up young prospects River Majick (3yrs), Hidden Majick (3yrs) (sold) and Titan's Black Majick.(5yrs)
Though Jen mostly works with Friesians/Friesian crosses, but her personal herd and experience also includes Paints, Pintos, Gaited horses, drafts and rare breeds. Jen is also CFO of Randy's Rescue NFP and cares for all the rescue horses.
Jen has worked with Trainers including:
Dusty Rhoades (gaited horses)
Judith Pellegrino Janesak
Teegan Elliot- To A Tee Dressage
Jen's resume and accomplishments include:
- Founder and President of trail club Lowe Riders in 1996
- Founder and President of National/International American Trail Horse Association 2000-2009
- Illinois representative of ATHA 2000-2009
- Founder of FrieWalker Registry for Friesian/Tennessee Walker Crosses in 2002
- Owner and Proud Lover of Internationally Famous Friesian Stallion, Hendrik the Magician, 2002
- Owner and Barn Manager of boarding/training/lesson stable, Lowe's Den Stables, 2002-2009
- Owner of Northern Illinois Equine Breeding Service aka NIEBS 2002-2014
- Certified Equine AI Technician
- Certified Stallion Collection Technician
- Certified and License Pharmacy Tech
- Owner and Barn Manager of Mulligan Acres, 2011-2014 (moved location and renamed to HS)
- Barn Manager of Copper Ridge Farms 2011-2013 (sold)
- Owner and Barn Manager of Hendrik Stables 2014-now
- NIO member and competitor of Cowboy Mounted Shooting as Cesspool Sally/Red River Rose
- Started Mounted Archery in 2018
- Certified in Equine Basic Health and Emergency First Aid and Advance Techniques in Equine First Aid 4/28/19
- Pending Certification in Equine Barn Disaster and Preparedness Techniques, 9/22/19
- SafeSport Certified 5/15/19
Note from Jen:
Hendrik Stables is exclusively ran by me, Jen Lowe. I have been running barns for over 25 years. (yes I am 42 this year!)
Health and safety is my number one concern for my clients. I carry several degrees in barn management, equine nutrition, and equine health/science, as well as take continuing education classes as they become available. I have worked along side many vets and farriers, that I am happy to provide as references. I also do lessons and work with horses in Basics/beginner/ground manners, Dressage, Medieval Reenactment, Trick Training and Mounted Shooting.
I personally know every horse on this property and being the person with them every day I can catch the little things the big barns miss. I also am able to provide a more "one on one" approach for hard keepers that need special attention with soaked cubes etc..
Please contact me for a personal tour of the stable and to talk about your equines needs.